Sales & Marketing
Dave’s objective is to play a critical role in the growth and development of world class companies, by helping them to develop their brands and their business opportunities in the US and throughout the world. To drive product sales through world class marketing, PR and product promotions, and to achieve strong sales growth in new markets and new applications.
Strong7 & Associates provides sales and marketing expertise to companies wanting to establish or expand international business opportunities. We are a group of colleagues with decades of success in international sales and product representation, marketing and brand building, PR and advertising, product management, proposals and contract negotiation. We are a force multiplier with extensive contacts and relationships worldwide, helping companies with limited budgets and experience to punch well above their weight.
Strong7 & Associates represents multiple companies in the high-tech defense and security sectors. We have an established worldwide sales network, and our clients exhibit at many key international trade shows such as IDEX, LAAD, Eurosatory, ALEA, AUSA, SOFIC and the international airshows at Dubai, Farnborough and Paris.
VP of Marketing
- Responsible for Marketing for the Government Systems Division, a $700M business unit, with a marketing budget of 7-8 figures per year.
- Established FLIR Government Systems web presence with web site unique visits growing over 7-fold. Created microsites with live streaming of events such as the Marine Corps Marathon, and the Paris and Farnborough Air Shows.
- Created and managed worldwide sales meetings including hundreds of participants.
- Managed an average of 100 trade shows per year including major exhibits at the Paris Air Show, Farnborough, DSEi, Eurosatory, AUSA and many others. Created uniform look and feel for trade show booths worldwide, web site, literature and peripherals.
- Created PR presence with hundreds of press hits per year, press events, and an extensive network of contacts in all of the significant defense publications and outlets around the world.
- Established unique and creative sponsorships including branding all Paris Air Show and Farnborough site signage, the Marine Corps Marathon, Army and Air Force football and other sports; the Farnborough Aviation Security Zone; the Portland Timbers; Paris and Farnborough live streaming of the air show, and many others.
- Managed and grew the FLIR GS charitable giving program.
VP of Engineering
- Responsible for engineering and product line management for FLIR Portland, during growth from a $120M to a $300M business unit.
- Managed 100+ professional engineers and support personnel in two locations, Portland and Orlando FL, with annual budget in the 8-figure range. Directed two major product development teams and numerous ancillary projects; Sales technical and proposal support; sustaining engineering; and product modifications to support the revenue plan, customer requirements, and development of program business.